Knowing how to be beautiful and feeling beautiful is not an easy thing. What defines beauty? Who says it is beautiful? What makes us think we are not beautiful?
At a recent spa meeting, we were discussing each other’s photographs that had been taken. We have quite a mix of nationalities, Indian, Irish, English, Puerto Rican, Jamaican, Italian and Mexican. After looking at the photos and one commented, “I hate that picture”. We all exclaimed, “Why, you look so beautiful!”. The comment back was “I hate the lines in my neck and my face is too round.” Another commented that she felt like she was looking at a girl with multiple chins. The whole discussion starting this post of how to be beautiful.
How do you help people feel beautiful and really see themselves as beautiful? When it comes down to it, no matter our nationality, our height or weight, our skin or hair, we are all beautiful. You just have to build it from within.
How To Be Beautiful – Count the Ways
- Tell Yourself I Am Beautiful. Start every morning with a mirror check, not a criticism check. Look in the mirror and from the bottom of your toes to the top of your head, tell every cell how you feel.
- Don’t Talk Bad About Your Body Parts. Fat butt, thick legs, big ears, honker nose, just to name a couple of ways we speak to ourselves. If you can’t say something nice to yourself, don’t speak. This is the hardest part to learn, but it really makes a difference on how you see and think about yourself.
- Believe In Yourself. No matter your shape, your hair, your height or your weight. Believe that you are the best you can be. You were born this way. Some parents instill in their children that they are gorgeous from the day they are born. Others have a critical nature, which causes us to doubt our beauty. Okay, so we didn’t have the perfect parents, but don’t let that stop you. How to be beautiful starts from within and part of that is self-confidence. You have to believe. No one else will believe you are beautiful if you don’t. A same lesson with love. If you don’t love yourself and believe in yourself; you won’t be able to have the confidence and self-esteem to pull off being beautiful. And if you don’t have it now, fake it ’til you create it.
- How to Be Beautiful Starts With Beauty. Yes, take a good look at your face. Pick out the features you love about yourself. Is it your eyes, your lips, your nose, your cheekbones, your hair, your nails ? Whatever it is, make it the highlight of who you are. Beauty from within will get you beauty from the outside. But you have to start somewhere. Find something you love about you. There is an essential oil blend that contains Ylang Ylang, Clary Sage and Litsea Cubeba. I call it my happy oil. It keeps me joyful and keeps negative thoughts deep in the closet of my brain.
- Take Care of Yourself. Nothing says “RESPECT yourself” like a woman who takes care of herself. And it doesn’t have to be fancy. Clean nails, combed hair, classic clothes, and a little makeup goes a long way to making you feel really good about yourself. One of my tricks that tells me what a woman thinks about herself, is to look at her heels – no kidding. Sounds silly, but it’s about 80% accurate on my self-esteem meter for clients. People tell you all kinds of things. When you understand that someone’s self-esteem and self-worth is tied to their view in the mirror, it helps you walk in their shoes.
How to be beautiful doesn’t happen overnight. With a little time and investment in yourself #bellabeautysteal, it can happen!